Compassion Week 2016
Compassionate Houston’s network of over 40 inter-faith compassionate communities, organizations, businesses, clubs, charities, and community citizens came together for one week in April to live, share, learn, and practice compassion.
COMPASSIONATE CAUSES SUPPORTED:
CIVIL RIGHTS & SOCIAL ACTION
Houston's 2nd Annual Successful Compassion Week:
Featuring over 70 compassion workshops and service projects
Mobilizing over 1,200 compassionate volunteers
Generating 3,000 volunteer service hours
7 Days of Compassionate Service Projects for Houston’s
- Underprivileged and disadvantaged
- Active service members and veterans
Learn more about our 2016 Compassionate Service Network
The 2016 Compassionate Houston Network rebuilt homes, planted gardens, and cleaned local schools and parks for the Greater Houston community as well as produced:
- 1 U-Haul truck full of refugee supplies for Interfaith Ministries
- 1,750 lbs. of donated food for the needy
- 5,000 ziploc sandwich bags collected for Kids’ Meals Houston
- 3,000 brown bags and 1,150 blessed cards decorated and donated
- 250 Peanut-Butter-Jelly Sandwiches to Star of Hope
- 50 Appreciation Letters written to veterans
- 50 blankets donated to Project Linus
Download the 2016 Compassion Week Schedule.pdf for the full list of wokshops and service projects.
[insert workshop image]
2016 Event Details
To learn more about Houston's Compassion Week, check out the 2016 event details and links below. Learn about Kristin Neff, Ph.D. the 2016 featured speaker, click through the workshops we held, or peruse the event Facebook page. Watch the 2016 event video or enjoy a video from Houston's compassionate youth, submitted for the Visions of a Compassionate City video festival!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2016 SPONSORS
A warm thanks to everyone who participated and supported Compassionate Houston.
Email email@example.com with any questions, comments, or ideas.